Thursday, July 28, 2011

Q PARK AND THE MARIAN HILL






THE CLIMB





Calmly nestled atop the hills of Compostela, Cebu is a 200-hectare complex project of the Quisumbing family and the NORKIS group.  It is one perfect place for penitence and soul searching and a favorite among the devotees during the Lenten season.

This is where my wandering feet took me last weekend.  It was not so sunny that day and the threat of rain was possible any time but it did not stop me from curiosity of the place.  I took a multicab ride up to the town proper of Compostela and took another jeepney towards Danao because it is at the boundary of Compostela and Danao, and finally a habal2x ride towards the complex.


The place is indeed quiet and serene with hills surrounding the area.  When we entered the complex, I opted to explore its chapel and the way up to the Marian hill.  The climb, as I counted the stairs to the top of the hill was more than 250 steps.  But the view at the top is worth the climb.





























 

No comments:

Post a Comment