Saturday, December 10, 2011

PUNTA CRUZ WATCH TOWER


























THE CROSS AND WATCH TOWER AT PUNTA BAY   
Maribojoc, Bohol




"Overlooking Bohol's southern seas, and lies on a bay in the sleepy town of Maribojoc, some 14 kms. west of Tagbilaran City, is a triangular watch tower that was constructed in 1796 by the Spaniards. It served as a fortification against Muslim pirates and was built in honor of the patron saint of the town, St. Vincent Ferrer, of which a statue is found in the inside of the tower. A big cross stands in front of the tower that serves as a silent sentinel guarding the entrance of the bay......"


This was what I read as I goggled the Net about this famous watch tower in Bohol.  Though I have spent my early years in Bohol, yet I personally was not able to see this place, even during my college days, until just recently...



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment