Sunday, September 12, 2010

XANADU: lOsing yet gaiNing


XANADU FITNESS CENTER



This has been my home for the past fourteen months. It served as my battleground in my personal battle against being overweight and obesity. I am not an athletic type of person, nor was I then leading a fit lifestyle. I could remember my childhood having frequent visits to the doctor for asthma attacks due to allergies and other causes that may have trigger it. As a young adult, I hate sweating out and I don't exercise. Worse, I have this habit of eating, not because I'm a glutton, that even at late evenings, I still would manage to munch something, just before going to bed.




Bad eating habits and lack of physical activities added weights on my structure as this was how I looked last year. Although I have overgrown my asthma attacks as years passed, but those years of unfit lifestyle took a toll on me as I was encountering health problems. Months of medications followed, but my SGPT results remained high. It was then, that I decided to loss some pounds and put my health back to being normal again.


I have no proper program at the Gym, but I do abdominal routines and aerobic exercises, since I'm not into lifting weights. I don't go on diet, but eating has been minimized, especially in the evenings.

my morning companion at breakfast










Climbing these stairs as you make your way up to the 3rd floor would served as a good warm-up even before you officially start your routine at the Gym










Roman chair
Abdominal arch





For over a year now, I lost almost 10 kgs as I was able to reach my ideal weight, accordingly just right with my height.


I looked forward everyday, particularly the evenings, as an exciting struggle to being healthy.

I may have lost some pounds, but I have won this battle as well as I have gained- by meeting new friends. That is by living a lifestyle that's fit and full of sweats. :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment